Do you actively seek out a romantic relationship?

Autism Dating Site – Asperger Dating Site and Friendship Site Forums Dating with Asperger’s Do you actively seek out a romantic relationship?

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    kittenkat1981
    Participant

Other than going to online sites, not really, because I don’t really know how.

kevlar22
    Participant

While I am interested in dating with people I can actually relate to, I don’t actively seek out a romantic relationship. I am not really bothered about remaining single for the rest of my life because I will rather be happy by myself than being miserable with someone. However, I don’t want to live with regrets of never acting on my interest in the possibility of finding a unique romance and thus I want to use this site to meet and connect with people while passively acting on my interest in finding a potential romantic partner.

Della
    Participant

Before I realized my position on the spectrum, I tried so hard to have the “normal” relationship and just didn’t understand the rules of relationships apparently. I’m finding it comforting to read some of these blogs. I’m learning new terminology like sapio and demi sexual! Thanks! I have always said it’s more important to me to be human first, gender second.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Right now, I’m not looking at dating. I’m here to make some new friends. Everyone could use more friends. It’s unlikely I’ll find someone on here to date, and I understand that. I haven’t found anyone who lives close enough to me to date.

Sisi
    Participant

I haven’t been for awhile, I deactivated all the other sites I was using and haven’t really been putting myself out there much. I would like to meet somebody who is able to offer what I look for in a partner, I can relate to and have a great connection with though. I do want to put myself out there again so I do have more opportunities and I can’t just expect this sort of thing to just fall into my lap without looking really, but it’s difficult.

Aloversrose
    Participant

I’ll admit it. I am a hopeless romantic. I do long for a real relationship, but I am overly picky and cautious, which I know is a fault of mine. I never thought I could handle the social complexities of a relationship due to my Asperger’s, until now. How can one actually know what one can handle until one tries? It might be too late due to my age, but it is true – I do want a deeper connection with a woman. I have to be honest, so here I am. Take it or leave it. In any case, I sincerely hope that all of you find what you are looking for someday.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ive only seeked out romantic relationships myself. Mostly met girls at friends events like quiet house parties etc, never bars.
    I love finding out about someone because i get to know them and get a feel for what their into, so getting to hang out and chat is the way for me personally.

Anonymous
    Inactive

“Everybody has a hungry heart”

Michael Spurling
    Participant

Before I joined this website, I was in a relationship with a woman for 2 years (who I planned on proposing to at the end of this year). I broke up with her after she cheated on me with my best friend. It was already hard enough for me to date where I live; but to lose my girlfriend and best friend on the same day almost sent me into a depression. But, with the help of my therapist and one of my good friends, I decided to poke around one night on Google to find some of the best, affordable dating sites that cater to people with Aspergers Syndrome. Thankfully, I have found this site and it has been three days since I joined and I hope to find not just a girlfriend, but someone who I want to spend the rest of my life with. I hope that there are more people that join soon, so that I can find my match.

Smart&Stupid
    Participant

No.However, I am making a small effort online.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Aspie Singles Notifications Would you like to receive notifications on new messages, friendship requests and so on? No Yes
Close
Social media & sharing icons powered by UltimatelySocial