Reply To: I find people off the spectrum lie too much

Landingpage Forums Dating with Asperger’s I find people off the spectrum lie too much Reply To: I find people off the spectrum lie too much

Mike
Participant

I guess you could say that anyone who lies is doing it too much. Right? I have noticed that most (not all) NT’s have this idea of “My Truth” (I think Oprah started that) where we are all supposed to take someones (perspective, opinion, explanation, accusation, etc.) as true… when much of the time it’s not – at least from a spectrum point of view. But, because they actually believe what they are saying is true, it’s impossible to detect any kind of indicator that they are lying. I was in a long-term relationship with someone on the spectrum and she admitted to me that she lies all the time and gets away with it because she knows that people on the spectrum have a (earned) reputation of being very honest! So, go figure! BTW, just started Good Omens – only about 10 pages in… (and that’s the truth!)

Aspie Singles Notifications Would you like to receive notifications on new messages, friendship requests and so on? No Yes