the bots have landed, can a feature be added to block

Autism Dating Site – Asperger Dating Site and Friendship Site Forums Dating with Asperger’s the bots have landed, can a feature be added to block

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Pokesomi
    Participant

ive got two messages sitting and i am not going to respond to them (due to clues being obvious that its a bot), and was hoping that while blocking is not great for everyone, i would like to block or at least report the accounts as spam and or bots

Luis
    Participant

Let me guess: someone giving you a mail address to talk and saying that “is busy at the moment”?

Ewoud
    Keymaster

I love the title but the story is a bit different. Bots are being blocked. About 50 a day. But there is currently no way to block scammers from signing up manually and to send messages. That’s what they do while what I can do is block them. Usually I am pretty fast with that but that is after someone started spamming.

Aspie singles is pretty spam free but I can’t help it totally. What I can look into is a flagging system where you can flag some user as bad news which would create an auto block when three different users report the same person. I think that must be possible but I have to look into it.

Thank you for your comments,

Ewoud

Ewoud
    Keymaster

Hi there,

I’ve added a new feature that makes it only possible to send messages to friends. That will stop the scammers right in their tracks.

It’s the best path to follow as well. Send a friend request to show your interest. If there is mutual interest then you can talk, and by removing the friend if he is she is annoying the messages stop too, so I think it’s a good solution.

Greetings, Ewoud

Pokesomi
    Participant

that works also wondering if there is a way to get a profile looked at? i just got a friend request and something about the profile rubs me the wrong way, i can’t put my finger on it, but the profile doesn’t seem right to me.

Ewoud
    Keymaster

Can you send a link of the profile?

Thanks! 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

There’s another website I’m on where scam profiles have become a major issue. There have been a number of profiles deleted off that website due to the profiles being scam profiles.

Ewoud
    Keymaster

We take 4 different measures to avoid scammers. It is hard to rule them out for 100% because some are terribly sneaky, but in most cases the scammers generate profiles automatically and that is not possible on our site! When ever you see a profile that smells “scammer”, just report it and I’ll deal wih it. 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Close
Social media & sharing icons powered by UltimatelySocial