Reply To: Romantic songs

Aloversrose
Participant

There are not many progressive rock/related love songs, but a few come to mind right now. Of course, there are others and I know I am missing a lot; however, let me list a few from this genre.

10 CC – I’m Not In Love (actually, the singer is in love but is trying desperately to deny it)

Genesis – Afterglow, Undertow (and many other songs from this band also but it was the “pop” Genesis of the 1980’s)

Bjork – All Is Full Of Love (Album mix…not the radio mix with that drum beat); there are others from this artist also. Vespertine is my favorite album from her.

Yes – Turn Of The Century

And ones that are not progressive, but guilty pleasures of mine…
Harry Nilsson – Without You

Eric Carmen – All By Myself (which he almost stole from Rachmaninov’s 2nd Piano Concerto, 2nd Movement)

Beach Boys – Don’t Cry (Put Your Head On My Shoulder) (Three minutes of feeling like time is standing still as you embrace the atmosphere of beauty and calmness in this song)

Foreigner – Waiting For A Girl Like You (I liked this one when I was a kid – what a beautiful synth intro)

If I can think of more, I can post them here if interested. Have a wonderful day. I hope you like these songs.

Close
Social media & sharing icons powered by UltimatelySocial