Reply To: Anyone else tried other dating sites?

Anonymous
Inactive

I’ve been on eHarmony 2 yrs now. Most times they send matches with nothing in common, I do not drink, not interested in spending days chasing balls on a golf course or getting sunburnt on a boat so most I just hit delete. The few that “may” share common interests I will click a smile face, then it’s up to them to respond; most don’t. The few that do, after a few notes back and forth most drop off the radar and just disappear, and the few phone conversations I’ve had, well I guess they just weren’t right for me, either I or they didn’t care to continue talking again. I hate talking anyway, I’m not a big talker, plus I am always doing something so they have to realize I am not sitting on my duff while talking.

eHar site seems to only be geared for extroverts who “love people” and as soon as I see “I’m a people person” I hit delete on that suggested match, because I know they will get on my nerves and talk my ear off. I am typing alot of words here right now, but I type fast. I get “peopled out” just from dealing with them at work. It is just too draining hearing people bitch and complain all day, or have these self centered ego maniacs that expect everyone on the planet to kiss their ass…yes, I get real sick of people at times. By the time I drive home after work the last thing I want to do is talk on the damn phone chit-chatting about nonsense & bullshit. My days off I love shutting the cell phone OFF for peace and quiet. Love running the zero-turn mower, woodwork machinery or skid steer…not only to be creating something but no one can bug me! 🙂

I tried Match years ago, seemed like a meat market. I don’t know why I even bother to keep trying, the entire internet dating experience can be summed up in one word…”DISAPPOINTING” which is why I decided to try this site that I just stumbled onto today. Well, I apologize if I sound like a grump, I am not, in fact I love humor, love laughing and want more of that in my life. My pets make me smile all of the time, as do Seinfeld reruns or 3 Stooges pie fights.

It is an odd scenario I suppose, I am a loner, that wants to meet someone that is also a loner, so I won’t be alone…too funny, right? I am learning as I go, always knew I was different, an extreme introvert some said, but yes, I am an Aspie!

Close
Social media & sharing icons powered by UltimatelySocial