Reply To: Trying to emerge from loneliness

6strings
Participant

Welcome Essie, I recently discovered I have Asperger’s as well. It was a difficult journey for me as well since my former doctors were treating for everything but Asperger’s. But at least I know now and my life makes much more sense. Most people have never even heard of Asperger’s. I myself have never heard of it until a therapist brought it up a couple of years ago. Consequently, most people do not understand or cannot relate to Asperger’s. This is why I started this thread. Having Asperger’s has lead me to a lonely life. I had many college friends with whom I have lost contact. I found making new friends difficult. I have become so self conscience over the years, that when I do meet someone new, I become very nervous and the situation becomes awkward. In any case, I am at the beginning of the learning curve. So now I have a starting point, that is, managing my anxiety. Most people regard me as a nice person but quiet and reserved. But I feel that I am more than that.

Well I am glad that you replied to this thread. The activity here is not as vibrant as I had hoped, but it’s a start. I have to admit that I haven’t spent the amount of time here as I should. I have yet to complete my profile. In any case, feel free to reply and become active. Loneliness can be tough. I believe humans are social creatures by nature. And maybe this is what brings us here – to be social – despite the fact we Asperger’s. But also note we are all individuals, so Asperger’s can manifest itself in many ways and in many people.

take care,
6strings

BTW, I have no idea why my avatar image appears as a series of 0’s and 1’s. Going to have to look into that.

Aspie Singles Notifications Would you like to receive notifications on new messages, friendship requests and so on? No Yes
Close
Social media & sharing icons powered by UltimatelySocial